The London Society is delighted to welcome The Cadogan Estate as a new Corporate Supporter.
Cadogan is the historic estate that is shaping a 21st-century Chelsea. Spanning 93 acres of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, the Cadogan Estate has been under the same family ownership for almost 300 years.
Its foundations were established in 1717 when Charles, 2nd Baron Cadogan, married Elizabeth Sloane, daughter of Sir Hans Sloane, who had purchased the Manor of Chelsea in 1712; the family’s stewardship of the area continues in the hands of the present Viscount Chelsea. Today, the Estate includes approximately 3,000 flats, 200 houses, 300 shops, 500,000 square foot of office space – and over a dozen gardens covering 15 acres.