What does Valuing the past, looking to the future mean to you, and can you capture this in a photograph or illustration?
In the inaugural London Society photo competition we're looking for images of London, photographic or otherwise that encapsulate our new motto, or either of its constituent parts. And we'll be announcing the winners at our annual summer party
on 1 July.
Prizes include double tickets to this year's Summer Party, at Upstairs at the Department Store in Brixton; an A3 mounted print of your entry; membership of the London Society, and your picture will be published in the next issue of the Society's Journal
Images can be of buildings, people, places, events… think as broadly as you wish. The competition is open to members and non-members, and you can enter as many images as you'd like.
Submit via email
or upload to Twitter
with the hashtag #LondonSociety1912 Or send via post to London Society, Mortimer Wheeler House, 46 Eagle Wharf Road, London N17ED (please do not post us originals!)
Don't worry about format or image size at this stage: we may ask for higher resolution versions of shortlisted entries if necessary to achieve the desired print reproduction quality.
You can read more about the London Society's objectives here
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The competition entrant takes responsibility for their ownership of the image entered, and warrants that the image is their own work.
- By entering the competition you agree that the London Society can use the image entered on London Society printed and digital media, and social media channels. The Society will credit you as the photographer/illustrator and you will retain copyright of your image.
- Entries for the competition must be received by 23.59pm on Sunday 16 June
- Entry is not restricted to London Society members.
- You may enter as many images as you wish.
- Entry is free.
- The competition is not restricted to photography. Illustrations, drawings and other 2D images will also be eligible
- Images can be submitted by:
- email to email@example.com
- Twitter (using the hashtag #LondonSociety1912); Facebook; Instagram.
- Or send via post to London Society, Mortimer Wheeler House, 46 Eagle Wharf Road, London N17ED (please do not post us originals!)
- The competition will be judged by a panel drawn from the London Society committee and professional photographers and three winners will be chosen.
- The judges' decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prizes for the three winners will be double tickets to the London Society Summer Party on 1 July; one year's membership of the London Society; a mounted A3 print of your entry.
- London Society reserves the right to cancel, postpone or amend the competition at any time.