Earlier this year (May 10th) the London Society held an informal Writing London event looking at London OnLine.
As well as interesting and entertaining talks from brilliant London bloggers Dave Hill of On London, Katie Wignall of Look Up London, and Andrew Grumbridge and Vince Raison of the Deserter, many other bloggers in the audience shared their insights and experiences.
As a result, we’d like to put together a list of great London blogs, as recommended by London Society members. To start you off, here are some that were mentioned at the event, but please do send us your own suggestions so we can share them with the rest of the London Society:
- OnLondon Independent London news
- Look Up London ‘revealing the history above your eyeline’
- The Deserter shirking work in South London
- A London Inheritance ‘a private history of a public city’
- BoredInLondon new-ish blog on events, especially theatre, and things to do
- Diamond Geezer one of the longest serving London blogs
- Ian Visits extensive info for what’s on and visits to less obvious corners of the city
- The Great Wen personal blog of London author and journalist
- Spitalfields Life by the Gentle Author
- Mapping London maps. lots of maps.
- StuffAboutLondon A blog about London history and other stuff
What other London blogs are worth reading?: follow this link and let us know your favourites.