Vote for your least favourite London sculpture and you could win a bottle of champagne. Dozens of monuments were nominated for the London Society/London Historians prize and VOTING IS NOW OPEN on the shortlist.
Public nominations reflect a variety of grumbles, including a (perceived) lack of quality in the artwork, or an inappropriate location. The poll closes 20 February, and the ‘winner’ will be announced at our special event on 26 February.
There is also the opportunity for you to propose people, events or things that are not currently commemorated in the capital, and which you feel deserve recognition.
The Shortlist (in alphabetical order) is:
- A Conversation with Oscar Wilde | Strand
- ArcelorMittal Orbit | Queen Elizabeth Park
- Bomber Command Memorial | Green Park
- Dolphin Lampposts | Thames Embankment
- Eye-I | Broadgate
- Girl with a Dolphin | St Katherine Docks
- I K Brunel | Paddington Station
- Monument to the Women of WW2 | Whitehall
- The Meeting Place | St Pancras Station
- William | Central St Giles
See below for images of the shortlist, and cast your vote here.